Wednesday, June 29, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 6

My favorite book

I don't have a favorite book. Boring, I know. I am very shallow when it comes to reading...most of what I tend to like falls in the Chick Lit. category (aka "no brainers") and Chick Lit. mysteries. I typically refuse to branch out and read anything set in a time besides modern day. Autobiographies and non-fiction are usually out too.

Yes, I read a great deal of the "classics" in high school and college, but that's because I was forced to for a grade. But, I'll be honest...most of those that I read were Cliff's Notes versions.

*gasp*

(Mom: don't disown me, please.)


I do have a few favorite authors...

Sophie Kinsella
Kate White
Mary Kay Andrews
Emily Giffin
Jennifer Weiner

Here are some books that I recommend, though certainly not favorites!

The Twilight Series

Yes, I read all of these. And liked them. And no, I'm not 13.

The Secret Life of Bees

Good book. Period.

The Devil Wears Prada
Very relevant to me during my first job after college...


The Great Gatsby
Classic, that was good!! No Cliff's Notes on this one!

The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy
If you are pregnant, this is a must have. It makes throwing up multiple times a day for 9 months almost seem humorous.

The 10 Women You'll Be Before You're 35

This is a good book to give as a graduation gift.


During all of this Amazon.com searching/linking, I found that Kate White has a new book coming out, The Sixes. Too bad I haven't yet read her last "new" book, Hush.


Here are a couple of business related books that I HIGHLY recommend:


Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office
This book was especially helpful in my first real job right out of college. I had a female boss who was tough as heck and she (along with this book) helped this sweet girl toughen up and learn how to survive in the corporate world.

The Girl's Guide to Starting Your Own Business
Owned this for many years but read it (again) last summer and it is what helped kick start my current business!

No comments:

Post a Comment